Our client was eager to make a second attempt at entering the U.S. market. Their Japanese headquarters sought to re-establish a U.S. subsidiary in a more efficient and cost-effective way than their first attempt.
Accounting functions were necessary for reestablishing the subsidiary. However, our client was too lean for an in-house accountant. Additionally, our client needed to communicate in Japanese.
We provided the following services:
- Liquidation accounting
- Comprehensive accounting
- Accounts payable accounting
- Monthly closing
- Parent-company reporting
- Auditor correspondence and the preparation of audit-related documents
- Corporate tax return document submission and inquiry response
- General affairs management and administrative duties (e.g. mail forwarding to Japanese headquarters)
- Document storage and destruction
- Company reestablishment
By working closely with our client, they achieved significant cost savings and was fully operational with just one expat and two local hires. Additional savings were achieved through streamlined procedures, workflows, and internal controls.